Major airlines, such as American, Delta, Southwest, and United, have more than 150 nonstop flights daily.
It’s super easy and inexpensive to get from the airport to downtown. For $2.75 each way, COTA AirConnect provides direct bus service between John Glenn International airport and downtown hotels and the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Taxis and shuttle service are also available. The airport is approximately 7.5 miles and 15 minutes from the convention center.
Did you know that about half the U.S. population lives within a day’s drive of Columbus? Accordingly, we’ve made arrangements for reserved bus parking at most hotels. If you know that your council is planning a bus trip, please have your council convention representative bring that to our attention, and we will match you with a hotel that can accommodate the bus.
To support our host city of Columbus, provide safe and secure facilities to our attendees, and keep registration fees low, Girl Scouts of the USA has set up an official hotel housing block. Housing in the official hotel block will be available during the registration process, which is set to open in March 2017.
There are so many good reasons to book within our official housing block:
- Official hotels are organization-endorsed and inspected.
- Greater networking opportunities exist in hotels inside the block.
- Shuttle services will only be available to hotels inside the block.
- Reservations within the block are more protected from hotel relocation.
- Housing representatives are available for on-site assistance.
- You’ll find friendly booking terms that include extended cancellation terms, guaranteed rates, and no change fees.
- It’s easy to modify or cancel reservations.
- You’ll help the Girl Scout Movement, because our future negotiations and lower rates for attendees depend on strong in-the-block bookings.
We’ll post more information about the housing block as it becomes available, so please check back often.
United States’ 15th largest city, full of creativity and innovation—read all about it!
The Greater Columbus Convention Center is conveniently located in downtown Columbus, Ohio, near many restaurants and shops. Check out what Columbus has to offer. Tours will be offered to Ohio’s Amish communities, the Columbus Zoo, shopping areas, and other local spots. Watch for more details coming soon!