- Who We Are
- For Adults
- For Girls
- Girl Scout Shop
Director, Development Data Systems
Summary of Position
The Director, Development Data Systems provides oversight of all data management, reporting and prospect data for Girl Scouting. This includes gift processing and acknowledgement, managing Fund Development constituent records, donor fund set-up, financial reconcilement with Accounting/Finance, and data reporting. She/he leads and manages staff and coordinates vendors to create an effective function and to achieve challenging goals. The Director is tasked with overseeing and developing the organization’s Raiser’s Edge System to serve the current and future needs of GSUSA. Together with the Senior Director, Fund Development Services has the goal of developing a strategy and guidelines for the reporting and analytics of the system.
The Director, serving as the business and application expert for constituent, donor and alumnae, builds and maintains a sustainable, effective data systems and services function for GSUSA. She/he will direct the gift processing, records management and acknowledgement functions for GSUSA Fund Development. The Director, Development Data Systems develops and implements reports that outline and track meaningful metrics, activity and progress to goals for colleagues, management and volunteers. She/he develops, documents and implements GSUSA policies, procedures and training related to the management of donor and alumnae information, as well as gift processing procedures.
The Director manages staff members and temporary workers to create a strong customer service orientation characterized by high quality and high productivity. The Director represents and promotes the values of the Girl Scout Movement, GUSUSA and Fund Development to internal and external parties. She/he serves as an integral, active and engaged member of the Development Systems, Fund Development, and External Affairs teams.
• Minimum 7 years of fundraising CRM/data systems experience required, preferably in a complex and /or federated non-profit environment
• Minimum of 4 years of experience and proficiency with a fund development CRM system and online component Raiser’s Edge, along with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Word
• Proven experience in supervising staff, e.g., coaching, performance evaluation, development and related activities
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities and tight deadlines, depending upon the projects works as either project lead or team participant
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills as well as high level attention to detail
• Demonstrated high level verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills, as well as proven use of initiative and assertiveness skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills to study and interpret user business requirements and business processes; perform analysis and research
• Demonstrated experience in exercising sound judgment within established policies and procedures
• Proven experience working independently as well as part of a team in a highly collaborative team focused environment
• Travel up to approximately 20% involving day trips or overnight travel to various geographic locations, when required
• Bachelor’s degree in Information and Technology, Business or related field, or equivalent relevant experience; Master’s degree in related area desirable; CFRE a plus
How to Apply
EOE/Committed to Diversity