- Who We Are
- For Adults
- For Girls
- Girl Scout Shop
Chief Adult Experience Officer
Summary of Position
Based in the Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) central offices located in New York City, the Chief Adult Experience Officer will lead the strategic planning, priority setting and implementation, under the guidance of the Chief Customer Officer, for the full life cycle of the adult in the Movement. This includes the attraction, acquisition, on-boarding, training and development, performance management, rewards and recognition of GSUSA staff and volunteers. This is a new position reporting directly to the Chief Customer Officer.
She/He will understand the objectives of the Movement, architect the strategy to find or develop the people who will be needed to meet business objectives, and redeploy people efficiently and effectively when their initial objectives are achieved. Additionally the Chief Adult Experience Officer will build out the elements of the employee/volunteer lifecycle and create a plan for developing all aspects. The ideal candidate will identify the culture that will attract and retain the right talent for Girl Scouts and identify what elements of the Movement’s systems need to evolve to support that culture. She/He positions Girl Scouts as the premiere adult leadership experience that supports youth.
The Chief Adult Experience Officer is one of three customer experience segment leaders that deliver the core product of Girl Scouts. As with the Girl Experience and Council Relationship partners, the Chief Adult Experience Officer is expected to have demonstrated capabilities in generating customer-focused outcomes among targeted audiences.
A minimum of 12 to 15 years of strategic and operational leadership of high-performing teams in adult education, adult customer, program development, product development, or commercial operations (marketing, sales and/or market research) within relevant industries such as consumer-facing product or service companies, life sciences, healthcare, education, and /or not-for-profit.
• Proficiency in best-in-class strategy and plan development skills that maximize an organization’s capacity to achieve sustainable progress and growth while achieving its goals and objectives. Possesses “from the ground up” experience building a successful large-scale program or function.
• Ability to drive organizational transformation as a proven change agent leading multiple high-performing project teams within a diverse, multi-location organization. Inspires a strong sense of engagement and accountability among constituents.
• A robust, outcomes-focused orientation with demonstrated success in maximizing ROI and integrating systems and/or business process improvement thinking with technology, content, data analytics and social media in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment with competing priorities.
• Collaborative leadership style and excellent relationship-building and negotiation skills to influence and maintain internal and external partnerships at multiple levels.
• An extraordinary diagnostician of changing customer needs and a creative solutions provider who is naturally inquisitive and never satisfied with the status quo, who can provide the tools and forums for co-designing high-impact, customer-focused programs, initiatives, and processes.
• Strategic leadership of talent management and / or human resource systems. Experience in coaching and / or teaching others to expand human capacity.
• Professional background that includes leadership in partnering to build and support a highly engaged volunteer base.
• Passion for a mission-driven organization and achieving world-class results for girls.
An undergraduate degree is required, an MBA or Master’s degree in business, not for profit leadership or related field is preferred. Emphasis in adult learning and /or not for profit or volunteer practices coupled with leadership development, change management and /or continuous process or technology improvement is desired.
How to Apply
The Alexander Group
575 Madison Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, New York 10022
Director of Research
2700 Post Oak Blvd Suite 2400
Houston, Texas 77056
EOE/Committed to Diversity