- Who We Are
- For Adults
- For Girls
- Girl Scout Shop
Dedication of the Birthplace, October 19, 1956.Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace
A National Center of Girl Scouts of the USA
The Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace—a Girl Scout national center in Savannah, Georgia—has something to offer everyone. It is the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low, founder of Girl Scouts of the USA, who was affectionately known by her family and friends as "Daisy."
Built in 1821, the house has been elegantly restored to reflect the 1880s and furnished with many original Gordon family pieces, including artwork by Juliette Gordon Low. Located in the heart of the Savannah Historic District, "the Birthplace," as it is commonly called by Girl Scouts nationwide, was the city's first National Historic Landmark.
Donate To The Birthplace
Donate online to the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace Preservation Endowment—a special fund that provides for future capital needs of the Birthplace. Donors who give $50 or more to this fund are entitled to an annual membership in the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace Circle of Friends.
Girl Scout troops travel from across the United States year-round to take part in programs and learn more about the organization's remarkable founder. Fun programs and hands-on activities bridge the gap between Daisy's day and the present and introduce visitors to the early years of Girl Scouting.
Guests experience a taste of Victorian family life through guided tours of the Wayne-Gordon house, the home to four generations of Gordons. The house is the setting for a family story entwined in the history of Savannah and the United States. It features stylish Egyptian Revival and classical details popular in the early 19th century, when it was built for Savannah Mayor James Moore Wayne (who later became an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court).
In 1831, Wayne sold the house to his niece, Sarah, and her husband William Washington Gordon I, who was Juliette Low's grandfather. Girl Scouts of the USA purchased the house from the Gordon family in 1953. It was opened in October 19, 1956, as a program center and historic house museum.
For reservations or more information: