FAQs for Participants: Cookie Pro™ Contest 2019
1. How do I enter the Cookie Pro™ contest?
Entering the contest is simple! Girls can enter beginning January 2, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET by visiting girlscouts.org/cookiepro. They’ll be able to review the complete submission instructions in the official rules. The contest closes for entries on May 1, 2019, at 3:00 a.m. ET.
2. How do I know if my council is participating?
Check out the list of participating Girl Scout councils on girlscouts.org/cookiepro. If you don’t see your council, contact it directly.
3. How do I know if I am eligible to enter?
The contest is open only to registered Girl Scout Cookie Program participants during the 2018/2019 Cookie Season who are from participating Girl Scout councils who are legal residents of one of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico (including residents currently residing in overseas military installations with a valid APO/FPO mailing address). Participants must also apply with a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years old or older as of the date of entry.
4. Can I participate if I’m part of USA Girl Scouts Overseas?
Yes. You must be a registered Girl Scout Cookie Program participant during the 2018/2019 Cookie Season and a legal resident of one of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico (including legal residents currently residing in overseas military installations with a valid APO/FPO mailing address). You must also apply with a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years old or older as of the date of entry. If you are under 18 (or under 19 in Nebraska and Alabama), you must have parental approval to enter the contest and claim the prize if you are selected as a winner. In such an event, your parent or guardian must also provide permission. For more information on contest eligibility, check out the official rules.
5. When is the last day to enter the contest?
May 1, 2019, at 3:00 a.m. ET.
6. How do I submit my Cookie Pro contest entry?
Entering the contest is simple! You can enter beginning January 2, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET by visiting girlscouts.org/cookiepro. Check out the official rules to review the complete submission instructions. The contest closes for entries on May 1, 2019, at 3:00 a.m. ET.
7. What is considered a complete Cookie Pro contest submission? For your submission to be considered complete, it must include the following three components: (1) completed/answered set of required questions; (2) mini graphic novel (3) photo of yourself. Check out the official rules to review the complete submission instructions.
8. Do I have to answer the extra credit questions? No. The extra credit questions are not required for entry. The extra credit questions will be available at the start of the promotional period for entry and will provide all entrants with an opportunity to earn extra points. Check out the official rules for more information on the extra credit questions.
9. How do I create my mini graphic novel?
We developed handy tools to help you get started and tell your unique cookie story through your mini graphic novel. Download your Mini Graphic Novel Tips and Template from girlscouts.org/cookiepro. You can also check out the official rules for full instructions on what to include in your mini graphic novel.
10 Do I have to use the template GSUSA provided to create my mini graphic novel? Yes, entries not submitted using this template will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible to win the contest. To ensure that the submission process is fair across all age levels, Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors are required to submit one page, and Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors are required to submit two pages. Entries not submitted using this template will not be considered complete and will not be eligible to win the contest.
11. What do I need to include in my mini graphic novel?
For instructions on what to include in your mini graphic novel, check out the official rules.
12. Can I receive help to create my mini graphic novel?
No. We want to hear your unique cookie story, so we’re accepting the original work of each girl entering the contest only. To be eligible to win, a mini graphic novel must be the original work of the girl who submitted it. If a girl submits a mini graphic novel that another person or entity owns any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other proprietary right to (or where a recognizable product that is protectable by copyright or trademark appears), she will be disqualified and ineligible to win the contest.
13. Can girls submit more than one entry?
No. The contest is limited to one individual entry per registered Girl Scout from participating councils.
14. Can I submit an entry on behalf of my troop?
No. Cookie Pro contest entries are individual. Although GSUSA doesn’t permit troop entries, all girls from participating councils are eligible to enter individually according to the official rules.
15. How can I prepare for the contest before it opens for submissions?
Although GSUSA will not share the submission questions in advance, we created fun tools to help you prepare your entry before the contest opens. Download your Mini Graphic Novel Tips and Template from girlscouts.org/cookiepro.
16. Why do I have to submit a photo of myself, and how
will it be used?
If you are nominated as a finalist or a winner, GSUSA might consider using your photo for external promotions or other purposes related to Cookie Pro.
17. Can I submit a photo that someone else took of me,
like a professional photographer?
No. All photos must have been taken by you (or, if you’re a minor, your parent/legal guardian). We want to ensure that we’re able to feature girls’ photos in promotional materials, therefore we will not accept photos that another person or entity owns any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other proprietary right to (or where a recognizable product that is protectable by copyright or trademark appears).
18. How long will the entry process take? Can I start and
Depending on how you answer the questions, entries should take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Before getting started, you should have a photo of yourself, your completed mini graphic novel, and enough time to complete your entry. Unfortunately, you must complete your entry in one session; you cannot save your work and finish the entry later.
19. My screen froze while I was submitting my entry. Can
GSUSA check if it went through?
With such a large influx of entries, we cannot, unfortunately, check on the status of individual submissions. If your entry was successful, you should have received a confirmation email. If you don’t see this email, check your spam/junk folder.
20. I accidentally pressed submit before I was finished.
Can I resubmit?
Yes—you may resubmit your entry with all of the information filled out. Unfinished entries aren’t eligible to win, so GSUSA will disregard them.
21. What can I win by participating in the Cookie Pro contest? Twenty-four girls—four per Girl Scout grade level—will be recognized as GSUSA’s top cookie pros of 2019 and win an all-expenses-paid trip to sunny California for the Cookie Entrepreneur Experience of a lifetime including meet-and-greet opportunities with entrepreneurs, a special recognition event, and a VIP tour of Warner Bros. Studios featuring the DC Super Hero Girls.
22 How will the winners be chosen?
GSUSA will evaluate all submissions by Girl Scout grade level using a four-round evaluation process starting May 2, 2019. For full details on the evaluation process and judging criteria, check out the official rules.
23. How will the winners be notified?
The 24 winners, four per Girl Scout grade level, will be notified via email on or before June 10, 2019. For full details on winner notification, check out the official rules.
24. When will the Cookie Entrepreneur Experience take
place? What if I’m not available to take part in it?
The Cookie Entrepreneur Experience will take place in Burbank, California from July 24, 2019 through July 28, 2019. If you aren’t available during this window, you will not be eligible to win the prize, and GSUSA will select a new winner.
25. What expenses will GSUSA cover if I win, and does
someone get to travel with me for the Cookie Entrepreneur
GSUSA will cover expenses related to your travel, accommodations, meals, ground transportation, and activities scheduled as part of the Cookie Entrepreneur Experience. For full details on expenses GSUSA will cover, check out the official rules.
26. How can I receive the Cookie Pro 2019 patch?
Once you submit an entry, you’ll receive an email confirming your submission and providing instructions to unlock the patch. The patch will be available for optional purchase online and at your council store (if your council has chosen to carry it). If your council is selling the patch, you’ll be able to purchase it by showing proof of your entry confirmation (printed or digital).
27. Can I still unlock and purchase the Cookie Pro 2019
patch even if I don’t win the contest?
Yes, all girls who submit a complete contest entry unlock the patch for optional purchase. Purchasing the patch does not increase your chances of winning.
28. I didn’t receive an email to unlock the Cookie Pro
2019 patch. Whom should I contact?
First, check your spam/junk folder. If you’re still unable to find the email, contact GSUSA via email, and we will send instructions to unlock the patch.
29. I unlocked the Cookie Pro 2019 patch, but it’s
showing up as backordered online. What should I do?
If the patch is out of stock, contact GSUSA via email. We will promptly mail all Cookie Pro 2019 patches as soon as we receive new stock. If your council has chosen to sell the patch, you can also purchase it at the council’s store by showing proof of your entry confirmation (print or digital).
30. I have a sister who is also a Girl Scout—can my
parent order more than one patch?
Yes. Volunteers may also order more than one patch. As long as they have an entry confirmation email for the contest, they can order however many patches they need online or in their council store (if your council has decided to sell it). This limited-edition patch will be sold on an honor system.
31. When is the last day to order the patch?
July 31, 2019.
32. What if I have additional questions or can’t find the resources I need for Cookie Pro? We’re here to help! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or direction on where to find these resources.