Cadette Business Plan Badge Activity
Define what makes your business special.
Determine your business goals and the mission statement that supports them
Time needed: 30–45 minutes
- A pencil or pen
- A computer, tablet, or phone with internet access
A mission statement and business goals are essential to successfully run a business.
Girl Scout Cookies are sold to provide customers with a tasty treat and to help girls do great things through Girl Scouting. What would your business goals be for selling Girl Scout Cookies? This includes your own goals and your troop’s goals; your goals should include both specific sales goals and a goal for using your troop’s earned money (taking a trip, funding a Take Action project, and so on). Record your thoughts on paper or on your computer.
Here are some factors you may want to consider:
- What makes your business essential?
- Why is defining a business plan and goals important?
- What will you do to stick to your mission statement?
Think about these questions:
- What did you learn about writing clear mission statements and establishing business goals?
- How do you think having a mission statement and goals will improve your business?
- How can you share what you’ve learned about defining business goals to help other girls?
Girl Scouts at Home activities have been adapted from existing Girl Scout programming and optimized for use during virtual troop meetings or for Girl Scouts at home.