Ambassador My Promise, My Faith Pin Activity
Explore the Girl Scout Law and Your Faith
Create a keepsake to showcase your principles and values.
Time needed: 30 minutes
- Craft materials (poster board, construction paper, other paper, index cards)
- Writing/drawing/painting utensils (crayons, markers, colored pencils, paints)
- Collage or scrapbook materials (personal photos, magazines, stickers)
- Story, song, poem, or text from your faith tradition
- Optional: computer, tablet, or phone with internet
access to research inspirational quotes or a story, song,
poem, or text from your faith tradition
The Girl Scout Promise and Law communicate many of the principles and values that are common across religions. Each year, a Girl Scout can earn her My Promise, My Faith pin by exploring the Girl Scout Law and tying it directly to teachings from her faith.
Let’s begin by reading the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
Girl Scout Promise
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.
Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
respect myself and others,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Think about the Girl Scout Law. Which principles and values stand out for you? What do you identify with and see reflected in your faith? Choose one line that resonates.
Next, share with another girl or a family member a story, poem, or song from your faith that goes with the line you selected. Discuss what they have in common.
Now that you’ve made a connection between your faith and the Girl Scout Law, use your imagination to create a keepsake to remind you of what you’ve learned. You might consider a poster, drawing, or painting; journal, scrapbook, or collage; or bookmarks with inspirational quotes by women and verses/words from religious materials.
Think about the following questions.
- What has your faith taught you? What does the Girl Scout Law teach you?
- What principles and values do you and your family practice?
- How can you share what you’ve learned about the Girl Scout Law and your faith with other girls?
- How can your friends and family help you stay true to the Girl Scout Law and your faith?
Troop Leaders: The instructions for all badge steps are available free of charge in your Girl Scout Volunteer Toolkit.
Girl Scouts at Home activities have been adapted from existing Girl Scout programming and optimized for use during virtual troop meetings or for Girl Scouts at home.