Daisy Buddy Camper Badge Activity
Get Ready To Camp
Make a list of what you need to pack for a camping trip, and prepare to have a fun, safe time whether it’s indoors or outside!
Time needed: 15 minutes
- A pencil
- A sheet of paper or notebook
Setup: It’s fun to plan a camping trip! Whether planning for a living room camp in or a backyard camp out, you will learn how to be prepared.
Activity: Together as a family, plan a camping trip. You can camp in your living room, your bedroom, your backyard, or a nearby park. To begin, write down your answers to these simple questions to decide what to pack.
Prepared campers don’t leave home without the essentials. What are they?
- What will you drink?
- What gives light at night?
- What will keep you dry when it rains?
- What will protect you from the sun?
- What kind of snacks can you eat?
- What can you use to find your way on a trail?
- What will keep bugs away?
- What can you use to make a sound in an emergency?
Troop Leaders: The instructions for all badge steps are available free of charge in your Girl Scout Volunteer Toolkit.
Girl Scouts at Home activities have been adapted from existing Girl Scout programming and optimized for use at home during a period of social distancing.