Digital Cookie®—Girl Scout Digital Cookie Pledge
Effective October 29, 2014
Welcome to Digital Cookie! This pledge ("Digital Cookie Pledge") will tell you how you can participate in Digital Cookie.
Digital Cookie is friends and family driven, and you will be able to create your own Digital Cookie site so that your friends and family can purchase cookies online. You will also learn and practice the five business skills (goal setting, money management, people skills, decision making, and business ethics) in a modern digital setting. Your participation in Digital Cookie may be terminated if you do not follow this Girl Scout Pledge, so please read it carefully! You must agree to this Digital Cookie Pledge by clicking "I ACCEPT" in order to participate in Digital Cookie.
I will keep safe online during my participation in Digital Cookie:
- I will review with my parent or guardian and make sure that I understand the pamphlet on Internet Safety, the Safety Activity Checkpoints, and the Internet Safety Pledge before I create my Digital Cookie site.
- I will not give out any personal information such as my last name, phone number, email or address, or those of my fellow troop members or anyone else.
- When writing email messages or online announcements, I will sign my first name only.
- I will share only my first name and council name on my Digital Cookie site.
- I will tell an adult right away if I come across or receive any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will only share the link to my Digital Cookie site with people that I know in real life.
- I will only post about my participation in Digital Cookie on social media sites where my friends and family—and not the general public—can see my social media page. This means that I will not post about my participation in Digital Cookie on websites such as Twitter, eBay, Craigslist, or any other website where my posts can be viewed by the public. I understand that my Council may impose other rules about my use of social media under Digital Cookie, and I will follow those rules.
I will involve my parent/guardian in my Digital Cookie activities:
- I will obtain permission from my parent or guardian before participating in Digital Cookie.
- I will talk with my parent or guardian so that we can set up rules for going online and participating in Digital Cookie.
- I will work with my parent or guardian to build and maintain my Digital Cookie site.
- I will never agree to meet in person with someone I "meet" online through my Digital Cookie site, other than to deliver cookies to customers approved by my parent or guardian for girl delivery, and only if accompanied by my parent or guardian or an adult designated by my parent or guardian.
- I will never share pictures or videos of myself or of anyone else or any other content on my Digital Cookie site without first checking with my parent or guardian.
- If I want to post a video to my Digital Cookie site, I will get my parent or guardian's approval first and I will adhere to instructions provided by Girl Scouts of the USA for uploading videos. I will follow any other rules about posting videos to my Digital Cookie site provided by Girl Scouts of the USA or my Council. I understand that if I am under 13 years old, my parent or guardian will manage my Digital Cookie site for me, including posting any videos.
I will remember to be a Girl Scout:
- I will comply with this Girl Scouts Digital Cookie Pledge.
- I will only use my Digital Cookie site to sell cookies or take orders for cookies during my Council's Cookie sale period.
- I will maintain my Digital Cookie site, review customer orders and escalate any customer question or issue to my parent or guardian and my Council in a prompt manner.
- I will follow all safety guidelines related to Girl Scout product sales and deliveries during my participation in Digital Cookie including:
- Always using the buddy system when delivering cookies, and being accompanied by an adult
- Never delivering cookies after dark
- Never entering a customer's home
- I will practice online etiquette (good manners) at all times when online including not using bad language, only sending emails to people I actually know and not spamming others.
- I will not bully nor will I tolerate bullying (and I will always tell a trusted adult if this is a problem) during my participation in Digital Cookie.
- I will always follow the rules of Internet sites such as social media platforms, including those rules that are based on age of use and parental approval during my participation in Digital Cookie. I understand that Girl Scouts of the USA has no control over or responsibility for any of these other Internet sites.
- I will make sure that my Digital Cookie site only contains appropriate content that I create myself (and do not copy from someone else) in accordance with the Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law and in compliance with the Blue Book.
I understand that my Council may impose additional restrictions relating to Digital Cookie and I will abide by those restrictions.
I will be guided by the Girl Scout Promise and Law in all actions related to Digital Cookie.
I also understand and acknowledge that my Digital Cookie site may be temporarily or permanently disabled at the discretion of Girl Scouts of the USA or my Council for any reason, including if there is a security-related issue or an issue relating to any content on a Digital Cookie site.
This Pledge may be modified by Girl Scouts of the USA at any time by posting a revised Digital Cookie Pledge online. I understand that it is my responsibility to check periodically for any changes to the Digital Cookie Pledge. I agree that my continued participation in Digital Cookie after any changes to the Digital Cookie Pledge are posted means that I accept the changes.
I understand and acknowledge that if I do not comply with this Girl Scouts Digital Cookie Pledge in all ways, my participation in Digital Cookie may be terminated.