Digital Cookie®—Girl Scout Digital Cookie Pledge
Effective July 30, 2014
Updated November 7, 2019
Welcome to the Digital Cookie program! This pledge ("Digital Cookie Pledge") will tell you how you can participate in the Digital Cookie program.
The Digital Cookie program is an opportunity for you to create your own Digital Cookie site so that your customers can purchase cookies online. You will also be able to download the Digital Cookie mobile application which will enable you to access the Digital Cookie platform to process cookie orders via a smartphone and tablet (the "Digital Cookie Mobile App"). You will also learn and practice the five business skills (goal setting, money management, people skills, decision making, and business ethics) in a modern digital setting. Your participation in the Digital Cookie program may be terminated if you do not follow this Girl Scouts Pledge, so please read it carefully! You must agree to this Digital Cookie Pledge in the Digital Cookie site in order to participate in the Digital Cookie program.
I will keep safe online during my participation in the Digital Cookie program:
- I will review with my parent or guardian and make sure that I understand the Digital Marketing Tips for Cookie Entrepreneurs, Supplemental Safety Guidelines for Online Marketing, Internet Safety Pledge, Computer Online Safety Activity Checkpoint, and Girl Scout Cookie and Product Sale Safety Activity Checkpoint before I create my Digital Cookie site.
- I will not give out any personal information such as my last
name, phone number, email or address, or those of my fellow troop
members, cookie customers or anyone else.
- When writing email messages or online announcements, I will sign
my first name only.
- I will share only my
first name, troop number and council name on my Digital Cookie
- I will tell an adult right away if I
come across or receive any information that makes me feel
- I will not direct message
with people I do not know online or on social media platforms.
- I understand that my Council may impose other rules
about my use of social media under the Digital Cookie program, and I
will follow those rules. I will not post on any online resale sites
(such as, for example, Craigslist, Ebay or Facebook
- I will not allow anyone, other
than my parent or guardian, to access or use the Digital Cookie
Mobile App and I will not share my Digital Cookie Mobile App log-in
information with anyone other than my parent or guardian.
- If my mobile device on which the Digital Cookie
Mobile App is installed is lost or stolen, I will immediately tell
my parent or guardian. My parent or guardian will report the lost
device to my Girl Scout Cookie Sales Leader.
- I will abide by the Digital Cookie Pledge when using the Digital Cookie Mobile App and only use the Digital Cookie Mobile App to process cookie orders and for no other purpose.
I will involve my parent/guardian in my Digital Cookie Program activities:
- I will obtain permission from my parent or guardian before
participating in the Digital Cookie program, and before using the
Digital Cookie Mobile App.
- I will talk
with my parent or guardian so that we can set up rules for going
online and participating in the Digital Cookie program.
- I will work with my parent or guardian to build
and maintain my Digital Cookie site.
- I will
never agree to meet in person with someone I "meet" online
through my Digital Cookie site, other than to deliver cookies to
customers approved by my parent or guardian for in-person delivery
(if applicable), and only if accompanied by my parent or guardian or
an adult designated by my parent or guardian. My parent or guardian
must supervise my communications with customers.
- I will never share pictures or videos of myself or of anyone
else or any other content on my Digital Cookie site without first
checking with my parent or guardian.
- If I want to post a video to my Digital Cookie site, I will get my parent or guardian’s approval first and I will adhere to instructions provided by Girl Scouts of the USA for uploading videos. I will follow any other rules about posting videos to my Digital Cookie site provided by Girl Scouts of the USA or my Council. I understand that if I am under 13 years old, my parent or guardian will manage my Digital Cookie site for me, including posting any pictures or videos.
I will remember to be a Girl Scout:
- I will comply with this Girl Scouts Digital Cookie
- I will not use my Digital Cookie site
to sell cookies or take orders for cookies prior to the start of my
Council’s Cookie sale period.
- I will maintain
my Digital Cookie site, review customer orders and bring any
customer question or issue to the attention of my parent or guardian
and my Council in a prompt manner.
- I will
follow all safety guidelines related to Girl Scout product sales and
deliveries during my participation in the Digital Cookie program
- Always using the buddy system when delivering cookies, and being accompanied by an adult
- Never delivering cookies after dark
- Never entering a
- I will practice
online etiquette (good manners) at all times when online including
not using bad language and not spamming others.
- I will not bully nor will I tolerate bullying (and I will always
tell a trusted adult if this is a problem) during my participation
in the Digital Cookie program.
- I will always
follow the rules of Internet sites such as social media platforms,
including those rules that are based on age of use and parental
approval during my participation in the Digital Cookie program. I
understand that Girl Scouts of the USA has no control over or
responsibility for any of these other Internet sites.
- I will make sure that my Digital Cookie site only contains appropriate content that I create myself (and do not copy from someone else) in accordance with the Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law and in compliance with the Girl Scout Blue Book.
I understand that my Council may impose additional restrictions relating to the Digital Cookie platform and program, and I will abide by those restrictions.
I will be guided by the Girl Scout Promise and Law in all actions
related to the Digital Cookie program.
I also understand and acknowledge that my Digital Cookie site or use of the Digital Cookie Mobile App may be temporarily or permanently disabled at the discretion of Girl Scouts of the USA or my Council for any reason, including without limitation if there is a security-related issue, an issue relating to any content on a Digital Cookie site, an inventory fulfillment issue, or if sales or marketing activity or my Digital Cookie site goes viral or otherwise creates unanticipated disruption.
I understand that the content on the Digital Cookie platform and
the Digital Cookie Mobile App is the intellectual property of Girl
Scouts of the USA or certain third parties and is protected by
intellectual property law and that material that I am given or shown
including videos and other content from https://digitalcookie.girlscouts.org are for my
personal viewing purposes only.
This Pledge may be modified by Girl Scouts of the USA at any time
by posting a revised Digital Cookie Pledge online. I understand
that it is my responsibility to check periodically for any changes
to the Digital Cookie Pledge. I agree that my continued
participation in the Digital Cookie program after any changes to the
Digital Cookie Pledge are posted means that I accept the
I understand and acknowledge that if I do not comply with this Girl
Scouts Digital Cookie Pledge in all ways, my participation in the
Digital Cookie program may be terminated.