#gsoutdoors Challenge FAQs
1. What is the purpose of this sweepstakes?
To inspire more girls to explore the great outdoors in unique, exciting ways during the month of June—and beyond.
2. Is there an entry period?
Yes, the entry period runs from June 1 - June 30, 2018 and will consist of four weekly challenges. You must participate in each weekly challenge to be eligible for that challenge’s prize.
Week 1 (Entry Period June 1, 2018 12:00am ET to June 8, 2018 11:59pm
ET) – Go
Week 2 (Entry Period June 9, 2018 12:00am ET to June 15, 2018 11:59pm ET) – Rock the lifestyle
Week 3 (Entry Period June 16, 2018 12:00am ET to June 22, 2018 11:59pm ET) – Embrace adventure
Week 4 (Entry Period June 23, 2018 12:00am ET to June 30, 2018 11:59pm ET) – Nurture Nature
3. What is the deadline for submission?
June 30, 2018, at 11:59pm ET
4. How will winners be selected?
GSUSA’s Social Media Team will randomly select one winner a week (4 winners total) and contact them via email and on Instagram on June 11, June 18, June 25, and July 2, 2018, respectively. The winner has 3 business days to respond and accept their prize via email. If they do not accept the prize within the 3-day period, a new winner will be selected and have 3 days to accept. This will continue until a final winner is confirmed.
5. How many winners will be selected?
Four (4) total winners will be selected. One on each of the following dates: June 11, June 18, June 25, and July 2, 2018.
6. What does the winner receive?
Each of the four (4) winners will receive a The North Face backpack filled with some outdoor apparel.
Please see the Sweepstakes Official Rules for more details about the “Prize and Approximate Retail Value.”
7. Why is The North Face sponsoring the prizes for the #gsoutdoors Challenge?
To power the next generation of women who push boundaries and move mountains, The North Face has recently teamed up with Girl Scouts of the USA to help inspire girls to challenge themselves, learn about the natural world, and continue the Girl Scout tradition of having life-changing outdoor experiences.
Through our multiyear collaboration, The North Face will support the development of 12 new Outdoor Adventure badges, with programming ranging from mountaineering and climbing to backpacking, hiking, and trail running. These 12 new Girl Scout badges, which will roll out over the next two years, will teach girls in virtually every U.S. zip code about the benefits of outdoor exploration. Learn more about this exciting collaboration.
8. Where can I view entries to this challenge?
The full gallery of entries can be viewed at www.girlscouts.org/gsoutdoors
9. What is the GSUSA Instagram account?
10. What are the weekly outdoor challenges?
- June 1-8: Go the Distance
- June 9-15: Rock the Lifestyle
- June 16-22: Embrace Adventure
- June 23-30: Nurture Nature
11. How can girls enter the contest?
To participate, entrants must:
- Follow @girlscouts on Instagram.
- Have a public Instagram account.
- Upload a photo to Instagram using the #gsoutdoors hashtag.
- Share their outdoor adventure that matches the weekly challenge set by Girl Scouts.
- Wait for confirmation from @girlscouts to claim their entry.
12. Who can participate?
The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of one of the the fifty (50) states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico (collectively, “Residents”) who are residing in one of the fifty (50) states of the United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico at the time of entry and Prize collection and who are thirteen (13) years or older as of the date of entry.
13. Can Girl Scouts Overseas participate?
14. Is the #gsoutdoors hashtag required?
Yes, the #gsoutdoors hashtag is required when submitting a photo. Only entries containing this hashtag will be considered for the prize.
15. How can entrants increase their chances of winning?
Entrants can submit one (1) entry every 24 hours, so get creative and join in the fun all month long to increase your chances of winning!
16. I submitted my entry but haven’t received my confirmation
Double-check to make sure your Instagram account is set to public. If it’s not, please reset it and resubmit your entry.
GSUSA checks and approves entries periodically. If you do not receive a confirmation after 24 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team can look into this further.
17. Can an Entrant win more than once?
No, once an Entrant wins a weekly challenge (congrats!), they are no longer eligible for future prizes during this Sweepstakes. However, we encourage winners to keep the fun going and continue to use #gsoutdoors when sharing their outdoor adventures on Instagram for future opportunities.
18. How will my information/photo be used?
Please see Sweepstakes Official Rules for details on “Grant of License in Materials Submitted”