You bring the power of Girl Scouting to girls—thank you, volunteers!
Things may look and feel very different right now, but what hasn’t changed is the outsized impact you continue to have on girls’ lives. When you take the lead as a volunteer, girls discover that they too can take on leadership roles and change the world.
That's why National Volunteer Month is so near and dear to our hearts. Every April, we celebrate the powerful, life-changing contributions our volunteers make to Girl Scouts all year long. No matter what the world throws at us, you are the ones who keep the Girl Scout spirit strong—and whatever you bring to Girl Scouts at this time, your efforts are incredible and appreciated. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Additionally, every year on April 22—Girl Scout Leader’s Day—we give extra kudos to you. Troop leaders: we love you, and we’re forever grateful to you for being the role models girls look up to, especially in challenging times like these.
A special thank-you from Sylvia Acevedo, CEO, GSUSA
Families and Girl Scouts, share the love!
For all of April, show your favorite Girl Scout volunteers, like your troop leader or your cookie manager, how much they mean to you. Even if you can’t see them in person right now, here are a few ways to show you care:
- Call or video chat with them!
- Personalize one of our predesigned card templates, one for younger girls and one for older girls. Add a
straight-from-the-heart message then text or email it to your
volunteer/s. They’ll love hearing how they’ve made a difference in
- Looking to get everyone in on the fun? Consider sending a digital group thank-you via Kudoboard! Each troop member and her family can share a message, photo, or video on your volunteer’s thank-you board. Kudoboard has been officially licensed for a limited time by Girl Scouts of the USA .
Use promo code girlscouts2020 to unlock unique Girl Scout backgrounds—like this one! —and get the following discounts:
- Mini board (up to 10 signers, FREE)
- Premium board (up to 100 signers, $4.99
- Milestone board (unlimited signers, can play as slide show, $6.99)
- Surprise them with something special! Throughout April, you
can use code VOLUNTEER2020 * to get a 10% discount plus free
shipping from the Girl Scout Shop, and bring a smile to your
volunteer’s face with a thoughtful token of your appreciation.
- During National Volunteer Week (April 19–25), share across your social channels what makes your favorite volunteer (or volunteers!) so special to you—everyone could use something cheerful in their feed! And remember to tag @girlscouts and use #NVW2020 so we can follow the love!
*Code is active April 1–April 30, 2020, for a 10% discount and free shipping from girlscoutshop.com. The code is for one-time use per customer, online only at girlscoutshop.com. Some exclusions apply.